Revelation

I was thinking one day about love and marriage and the verse which says husbands should love their wives even as Christ loved the Church

Ephesians 5:25. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it;

This is what I wrote down then, with a few more words added in today:

I’ve been Loved into doing right, 

Loved into staying (in the Word)

Loved into Loving back

Loved into trusting

Loved into believing


...“even as Christ Loved the Church” seems like a tall order, but I believe a man can emulate Christ’s Love for His Bride in the natural and produce the same effect as God’s Love in His Bride’s life. He, the husband, is the creator of all the good things he wants to get from his bride. She just reflects him.


And I love how God’s Love just gets sweeter by the day, even through the rough times. This sure is worth emulating in marriage- both ways, husband to wife and wife to husband.


This Oneness thing is quite deep...and it takes revelation.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Rising Up From My Brokenness

I was broken. For about three whole years. I was deeply disappointed with life. "The future" turned out to be much different than ...