Our 5 and a Half Hour Trip To Mulanje

14.03.2020

On Friday afternoon I said to my fiends “What are we doing tomorrow?” 

"What do you want us to do?" 

I felt like it was farfetched but still I said “Let’s go to Mulanje for lunch”, not expecting anything to come of it because it was so short notice, going out to Mulanje just for lunch felt much, and even if they did agree to go we had other important things to do in the afternoon and I wasn’t sure if we’d be able to make it back in time.

But oh I was craving a change of scenery. It didn’t matter what we were going to do there so long as we’d get out of Blantyre...

Much to my amusement and joy, they agreed. I was ready to drop it if it wasn’t practical but they ended up supporting the idea so much and distilled my doubts...

So we went, and had such a beautiful time!

We left Limbe at around 10 and arrived about an hour and some minutes later via Public transport. It should take less time than that to get there using private transportation.



Mulanje Mountain



In awe of how small I really am at the foot of God’s beautiful creation!




Admiring the beautiful scenery 


















Where they do their laundry




The view from our little restaurant




The Lunch: Nsima with local Chicken and green veggies, Pumpkin and Fresh groundnuts (From home)






Mulanje Tea Fields





Sugarcane! 😀 😋








The view from the tea fields across the road





The view from the craft store




Inside the craft Store




More inside the Craft Store




Take my heart away! I fell in love with this set of 2 chairs and round table made from animal skin. I didn't ask what animal hide this was made from




Chill spots outside the craft store. And we were told all of these things out here are for sale











Oh hello and goodbye!





Joy 😊


At around a few minutes past 3 we headed back to Limbe, feeling refreshed...


And there still remains a whole lot of Mulanje to explore! :)




2 comments:

  1. This is amazing. God's people enjoying His creation. It speaks to us as the Bible does. His manifested word. This looks fun. The way I miss that free-range chicken! 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Amen nature really does speak as the Bible does. Sort of like a visual of what we read :) It was lots of fun and you should have plenty of that free-range chicken when you're back! :)

      Delete

Rising Up From My Brokenness

I was broken. For about three whole years. I was deeply disappointed with life. "The future" turned out to be much different than ...