A New Word, In French: Flaneur

I was scrolling through my pinterest one day and came across this. It immediately caught my attention and resonated with me.

Flaneur: A person who strolls the city in order to experience it. "Deliberately aimless"

“Hmmm I SHOULD do that!” I said to myself. 

I’ve actually been meaning to explore Blantyre town (the Central Business District) for a while and only managed to do it now.

About 4 years ago I moved out of home to another city to take on a new job post. Growth was happening, still is...and it's been one adventure after another since. I just haven't been able to familiarize myself with my new home over the years and really after about 4 years I think it's about time. Does anybody else take forever to settle into a new place because well, it’s their personality? 😀

SO I finally ventured into it without really planning to on that particular day. I was having breakfast with friends in town and as we were walking to our restaurant I had a light bulb moment...THIS IS IT! It's automatically happening! I am flaneuring!

Then it was out with my phone and on with the photography. 

I had SO MUCH fun! 

(Can you feel my excitement? haha...I love when things just work out at the right time and fall right into place!)



























All photos taken on my iPhone 7 Plus, and this, my friends, is Ju finding herself all over again 😍

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rising Up From My Brokenness

I was broken. For about three whole years. I was deeply disappointed with life. "The future" turned out to be much different than ...